Who uses my tickets? / How do I know my tickets are being used by a child or youth?

Children, youth (up to 18 years old), and families are selected by Kids Up Front approved agency partners through which the child, youth or family is receiving support services. Kids Up Front policies and guidelines are in place and agreed upon by the agency partners to ensure donated tickets are used as intended to benefit families in need in our community. Allocation policies are also in place to ensure that donated event opportunities are broadly distributed to maximize the impact for kids and families. Kids Up Front agency partners sign an agreement in which they agree to strictly abide by the Kids Up Front policies that state the tickets must be used by eligible children or youth and a suitable adult chaperone. Additionally, Kids Up Front performs random checks.

Who supervises the child?

A suitable adult is selected by the agency to supervise the child. Generally, the adult is a youth program coordinator, mentor, volunteer, parent or caregiver.

Is Kids Up Front a registered charity?

Yes, Kids Up Front Edmonton is a registered charity (88212 5008 RR001) and complies with Imagine Canada’s Ethical Fundraising and Financial Accountability Code.

Do you accept cash donations?

Yes, Kids Up Front does not charge agency partners to participate in our programs, nor do ticket donors pay an admin fee. Kids Up Front relies on the generosity of the community through cash donations and sponsorships to fund the administration of the Kids Up Front’s programs to keep them free and to deliver the program in a manner that is low cost, high value.

Can I donate single tickets?

No, Kids Up Front asks that a minimum of 2 tickets be donated at a time so that the children who are receiving the tickets can have a suitable chaperone with them to supervise.

What kinds of tickets do you accept?

We accept tickets to any kid-friendly arts, cultural, sports or entertainment event. Tickets or admission passes can be donated directly to Kids Up Front.

Can my paper tickets be picked up?

Generally, Kids Up Front asks donors to mail, drop-off, or courier paper tickets to our office located in the Orange Hub (#153, 10045 156 St NW). If you are unable to get the paper tickets to us, email [email protected] and we will make every effort to accommodate the receipt of your tickets.

How late can I drop off my tickets?

We accept ticket donations up to 4 pm Monday through Friday. If the ticket is for a same day evening event, it is best that we receive it by 12 pm that day. For weekend events it is best that we get the tickets before 12 pm on Friday. Special arrangements may be required to make events tickets available to kids over the weekend. For more information, contact [email protected]

Can I email tickets?

Yes, E-Tickets can be sent via your Ticketmaster, Edmonton Eskimos, or Edmonton Oilers account managers to [email protected]

Can I donate tickets for weekend events?

Yes, Kids Up Front can accept tickets up to 12pm on Friday for a weekend event.

Can I donate tickets for a same day event?

Yes, however Kids Up Front requires notice of the donation by 12 pm for evening events. This provides sufficient time for Kids Up Front and the partner agency to select a child or youth and coordinate logistics on their behalf.

Can I get a charitable tax receipt for my ticket donation?

Yes, if you are the owner of the tickets, you qualify for a charitable tax receipt for the amount you paid for the tickets (GST and convenience fees are not included in that value and will not be reflected in your tax receipt). Tickets must be accompanied by a valid proof of a purchase.

When will I get my charitable tax receipt?

Kids Up Front keeps records of all your donations throughout the year and issues a single tax receipt with the full amount of all donations in January of the following year.

Can I get tickets for my family?

No, the only way to receive tickets from Kids Up Front is to be a partner agency. Tickets are distributed through the agencies to children and youth.

How do I sign up to be a partner agency?

In order to become a partner agency of Kids Up Front you must sign an agreement with us. To do so, please contact [email protected]

Can I direct my tickets to a specific agency?

Yes, we partner with more than 200 agencies. As long as your chosen agency has an agreement with us, you can indicate which agency you wish to support at the time you make your ticket donation. To confirm if your agency has an agreement with us, please see our list of agencies or email us at [email protected]